The current building was built in late Victorian times replacing an ale farmhouse on the site. Part of the cellar is from that original building. It remained attached to a working farm up until the 1950's.
A picture of the Calfs Head taken around 1930
A view of the Ground Floor interior from around 1930 from the bar looking towards the dining room on the right
A flyer from around 1920 - Note the phone number!